Monday, October 01, 2007

File Folder Card and RAK for Norma

I'm starting out this post today by mentioning that I've added a few things to my sidebar for those of you who are interested. The first is in my fav.places to shop, I have added the link to Magnolia store. They are a Swedish company who make wonderful and versatile stamps. My order should be arriving any day, and then I can start showing you some of the great stuff that they have. A lot of you also know that I have an ongoing fascination with the European style of stamping. So I have added some of the European blog links that I look at regularly. They are in their own separate spot. Now for this card. This was to follow Beate's Blog challenge. I've been seeing everyone doing one so I just had to add my to the lot. They are so fun and I love them. For this particular card I used the Copic on shimmer CS that I colored earlier. The DP is Chatterbox, and the rest is SU. Image is Stampendous.
The second card is a RAK that I made for Norma's MIL who is sick with cancer. You can find more info at Dittydots . Norma is a great lady with lots of great work on her Blog. She is requesting cards done in her mother-in-laws favorite colors of red and white. Mine is a bit later than I intended because I wanted to wait till I could get to the city and pick up some red DP. In this card I use a Lockhart image which you can find at Ellen Hutson's store. It is colored in with Copic markers. The DP is Tres Jolie by My Mind's Eye. Flowers are Prima and the leaves a punch. All the rest is SU. Thanks so much for coming by and if you have a moment contact Norma so you can send your own RAK which I know will mean so much to her MIL. Have a great evening.

13 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Your file folder card is so adorable!! I love that image, and how you've colored it...as well as the papers and whole layout. Great job with Beate's challenge!

I love your apple card as well!! The image looks so realistic, and I love all of the fine details! Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Sophia, your file folder looks phenomenal. The image you picked is perfect. The layout and the paper you chose are great.
What a gorgeous RAK you received. The coloring looks wonderful.

Alhambra Club said...

Love your folder card and RAK card, and thanks for adding the link to Magnolia stamps, I love those images, now I can get me some.

Sarah Green said...

the file card is super cute!!!!!

Crafty in Calgary said...

These are both wonderful cards!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

YOUR WORK IS BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

Theresa said...

Both card are wonderful! Your coloring is amazing!

Corie said...

OH my both of these are FANTASTIC!!

Ila said...

Both of these cards are
Absolutely Fabulous!! The layouts, papers and coloring are all Wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Your fantastic coloring just can't be beat! The High Hopes image is darling! Yes, he just needs some mud. This must be when he first went out to play and hasn't had a chance to get dirty yet. The second card is beautiful. I'm loving the Tres Jolie papers and recently picked up a couple. So pretty!

NormaJ said...

Thank you so much Sophia. This card is phenominal and is so pretty
in "person". The flower and leaves
were added to the card and just pop
off the card at you. Your apples
are very well done. And although you can't see it here, each of the
little blue flowers on the bowl have a glitter center. Beautiful
design.
NormaJ

Kristine said...

What a Hoot--TOO CUTE!! :) oh, that rhymes! lol. I just LOVE this apple card--your coloring is FABULOUS!! WOW, love that flower and leaves too. NEAT!