Sunday, May 18, 2008
Magnolia DT-- Warning!
Warning: doing the vellum cut-out will cause squinting and twitches in the eyes, cramping of the fingers, and a strain on your time and patience!!
That being said, I don't know why I get these bright ideas late at night. I wanted to use the beautiful Magnolia flower bundle as a focal point in a card. That's when I decided it would look nice as a medallion in the centre of the card. Well my bright idea took me several hours into the night. It probably did not help that I was watching movies on the movie channel at the same time. For some odd reason it takes me longer to stamp when there is a good movie on.
stamps: Magnolia, SU Beautiful blooms
Ink: Stewart Superior Burnt Umber, Distress in Tea dye, Lipstick, white Memories ink
Paper: CS vellum, PTI stampers select, Bazzill, SU Chocolate Chip,DP paper from Magnolia
Other: Copic Markers, Tombow markers, Twinkling H2O's, Lemon and Diamond stickles, SU gold cord, circle nestability.
Ok, for starters I layered the DP on to the brown CS. I then used the circle Nestability to cut the circle. Then I placed the cut out circle on the vellum in the centre and drew my circle. I took the Magnolia flower bundle stamp and stamped it out in a rotating pattern with white memory dye ink. I made sure that no images overlapped, but sometimes touched. I then lay it out on my cutting mat, and with my exacto knife, I cut out tiny piece by tiny piece. I did not try to take out to big a piece at once since the vellum can be fragile, and I did not want to damage my image. Once it was all cut out in the circle, I colored it in on the backside of the white lines with my marker, using the brown to depict the branches of Magnolia tree. Once it was dry I adhered it to the back of my DP/cs layer, and then adhered it to the card base. Twinkling H2O's was used to create the shadow of blue to act as a backdrop. Tilda was stamped on the PTI CS and colored with my copic markers. Her wings were stickled as were the lines of her magnolia blossom and the medallion blossoms. Holes were punched in the CS of the card and cord tied around on both sides. Thanks so much for coming by to peek.