Wednesday, July 11, 2007




Another challenge card today. This time it is SC132. But before I go on could anyone out there tell me how to put a darn title into the post? I don't see any option for typing in a title. Anyhoo, It was a really fun sketch. Circles and triangles. Now I am not well versed in doing even triangles so mine looks a little off. So I have termed my wonky triangle as adding a touch of CHARM and the Human Element!
Stamps: Baroque motifs, Delight in Life, and MFT cow stamp and mini flower.
CS : Chocolate Chip, Apricot, Whisper White, Water color paper, Celery DP, Rose Red DP,
Wasabi, Chatterbox DP
Ink : Wasabi, Walnut die ink, Basic Brown
Acc : Tombow markers ( flowers), Copic Markers ( cow), May art ribbon, unknown ribbon
Copper brads, Gold Krylon Pen, Pop-ups, glue dots, Sakura Star dust pen, Cuttlebug
swirl folder.
I stamped the cow image on Whisper White with the adirondack black ink. I then colored it in with copic markers. It was a real trick blending the larger frame as the ink dries fast and must be blended when wet! I then stamped both flowers on water color paper. They were colored with Tombow markers and then blended with water coloring. After they dried I cut them out, flipped them over and then using a ball tool, I stretched the paper out in order to give it dimension. After each petal was worked, I flipped it over and ran the embossing ball in the centre to press it down and the petals out. Holes were punched and brads added. The celery DP was stamped with the swirl from Baroque Motifs and then sakura Stardust pen was added to the leaves. The circles behind the cow was punched with the mega and giga scallop punch. The triangle is 3 layers. The white was embossed using the swirly Cuttlebug folder, the second triangle is Wild Wasabi and the final is Chatterbox DP. The embossed layer was flipped over and sponged with Wasabi and tea dye. The card was assembled and the flowers were applied with pop-up dots and glue dots in order to layer. Oh ya and gold Krylon was used along the outer edge of the card and Sakura pen is used liberally! Thanks for joining me and have a great day!

13 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a fun card! Love the bright colors...at first you think, "aww what a pretty card...then you see that funny cow!"

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

This is so ADORABLE!! I love EVERYTHING about it. The colors, the ribbon, the paper, the coloring, EVERYTHING!!

Karen said...

I love how the cow looks like he is peeking out of the flowers! Great colors!

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun card! I love the cow - he (she?) is so cute. Of course all the other elements are beautiful as well (as usual)!

Jean McKenzie said...

Love all the elements you have used in this card Sophie. That is a great way of using a triangle to draw the eye into the main image of the card!

Regarding the post title, I simply go to New Post and the window comes up with a space at the top for a title. Wonder why yours dont have that?

Cheers, Jean

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Amazing techniques! Looks striking.
:-)

NormaJ said...

I love this card and would love to
find it in my mailbox. It is so
happy and colourful and the little
cow makes you laugh. Good work.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Oh! I like this! It's so bright and pretty and the flowers are so perfect with the cow! Great card!

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the colors

Unknown said...

what a nice card! Love the colours you have used!!

mum-on-the-run said...

LOVE this card, great colours and design

Kristine said...

Over the top...this card is soo cute! A+ ;)

Julie S. said...

Oh, I love this card. Just Beautiful.
I know it is hard to get started figuring out the blogging software, but if you do, I would love to subscribe to your blog! (having a field to do that would be a great help!) and also, I would love to see your gallery on scs if you have one, I assume you do -- but I don't know your username! Thanks for having such an inspiring place to visit.