Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Well, the picture isn't the greatest, I need to get better lighting for my studio. So anyways this card is for today's color challenge. We were supposed to use Bold Bright turquoise, Real Red, and Green Galore. Now my first thought was Ugg..... and yeech. It's not that I have anything against these colors, They are very beautiful, I especially like the Red and I do use it regularly. My problem was that I rarely use The Green and Turquoise. They just weren't me. But since a challenge isn't always supposed to be easy, I swallowed my trepidation and ploughed ahead. I figure the colors were great for a child so I made A little boys birthday card. I didn't want it to fancy since it would ultimately go to a child. So for the first time I inked up the virgin rubber of this stamp and this is what I got!
recipe:
stamps: By Air, Itty Bitty Background
CS : Turquoise, Green Galore, Real Red, Whisper White, Petal and Paisley DP
Ink : Red, Turquoise, Green Galore, Brilliant Blue, Walnut stain, Tea dye ink
Acc : Real Red ribbon, silver brads, swirl cuttlebug folder, dazzling diamond, Pop-up dots.

this card is very easy the only things that may be hard to see are that the clouds and the plain are cut out and popped up. The swirl of the cuttlebug was sponged with the Walnut ink to simulate a smokey look. Stars and Itty Bitty background is stamped on the main card and everything else is easy peasy.
Have a great Tuesday and I'm off to stamp some more!

8 comments:

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

So cute!! Love those colors and I love this stamp set. Its perfect for all little boys.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card. Love the colors! I also love the effect of the embossed swirls with the airplane!

Adelina said...

Very cute card and wonderful colors!

Bethany Paull said...

How cute! Great theme to use with the bold brights. I love the little clouds.

Karen said...

How cute. Those swirls sure come in handy for LOTS of things.

Michele Kovack said...

This is adorable! Love all the elements!

mum-on-the-run said...

Such a cute card! Any little boy will love it

Anonymous said...

These are some bright colors, but how cute for a child's card! I love the "zoom, zoom" and the sparkly puffs! The Cuttlebugged background is a nice cloudy sky suggestion, too. Very clever!