Saturday, April 12, 2008

DT Tilda and Roses



I'm back again. I have been so busy this week, and have also been spending a lot of time playing with my sketch book. I'm coming up with lots of little sketches for fun. But I could not resist playing a little with these new Magnolias. I wanted to keep everything very simple. The roses are so pretty that they don't need any help to stand out in this card. All images are stamped on water color paper and colored using re-inkers. The sentiment is from Stampin Up Happy Harmony and it suits the simple beauty of these images.


The second card is a 4 x 4 . It is a simple design that I was playing with. For myself, I am personally used to doing more realistic drawings. Often what I will do for practice is draw the image realistically and then start removing lines and simplifying other lines. One of the things that makes a drawing cartoon like is the human elements that we can put in. It is a case of practice will eventually make perfect. The image lines are a little fatter than I would have liked, but sadly I grabbed the pen that was a size larger than what I wanted and didn't notice till the first stroke was down.
stamps: Sentiment from Papertrey
Paper: Soft Sky, Celery, Celery DP, Old Olive DP, PaperTrey stampers select white.
Ink: Distress in Broken China, Shabby Shutter, Basic Black
Other: Copic Multiliner pens, Faber-Castel and Prismacolor pencils, Twinkling H2O's, Copic Markers, SU Soft Sky ribbon, Nestabilities.

19 comments:

Katharina Frei said...

Two gourgeous cards again Sophia. Your drawing is sooooo great, I wish I had your skills. Can't wait to hear the "go" for your own stamp line :)

Marja Sch said...

Your cards are so beautiful again. The coloring is wonderful and the fatter lines just give it more strength. You did a great job and still suprise me every time I pass by.

Ila said...

Both cards are Gorgeous!!...your coloring and design of both superb.
I have to agree on Marja about the lines of your critter...sometimes I will define a line or two on a high hopes design after I color the image to bring it out a little.
And now I have to agree with Katharina ......sketching looks so natural for you...you Super talented gal!!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

These are both just lovely Soph! Is there anything crafty that you can't do???

Tricia T said...

The Tilda card is gorgeous!! I just love the coloring and colors and layout. Perfect!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

my ghosh.. two more cards i go.. meeeen why did i not think of that?!
i loove both cards.
i really like how you colored Tildas cheeks mine are more circled but you do them more up towards the ears. that looks soo fabulous!
these roses are perfect - i wish i had them too.

did you get my images already? iam getting worried if the envelope is lost.

thanks sophie for your super kind comment on my blog

Deb Wood said...

The top card is absolutely beautiful, love the colors/coloring, the DP and layout, everything!!

The bottom card is soooo adorable, i can't believe you drew that and you don't have your own stamp company. I just love him!!!!!!

TCake said...

The Tilda is lovely sophia....beautiful...Tx

MichelleO said...

Two totally different cards and both are wonderful! Love the colors and layout of the Magnolia, and the fun of "YOUR" card! You really do need to look into a line of stamps!

Anonymous said...

Sophia this is gorgeous! Love how soft and pink it is, and great way to do the ribbon. Love your design card also, your so awesome at drawing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Tilda, Sophia!!! And your lizard(? lol) is adorable!!!

Heather Huggins said...

Both are gorgeous as usual!!

Nancy said...

wow, two wonderful cards!! so fantastic colors...very very beautiful!!!

Lim said...

Sophia, These cards are gourgeous like always. You work is an inspiration to me. The coloring, Jesus I wish we can live closer so I can took clases with you. :)
I know you receive these awards before but you deserve. You have 3 more waiting for you in my blog.
Hugs, Lim.

Donna Baker said...

oh my word, your Magnolia is so awesome, it needs to be in a frame as Art work on the wall! I think I've said that on more than one occasion with your stuff *smile* and I ADORE Your iguana, he is SO cute!!!

Unknown said...

oh wow sophia, both cards are so great and wonderful, but the magnolia cards is ful of romantic details - i love it!!! your style of coloration is very marvellous.
hugs, bea

Annie said...

2 fabulous card, but I just adore Tilda with the roses!

Rose Ann said...

Your Tilda is absolutely gorgeous!! I love all of the roses!! Your lizard is just too cute, and the perfect colors!! Awesome creations, Sophie!!

Lilian said...

I've been busy for the past few days/weeks and when I browse your site again I am just left breathless with your talent. Thanks for sharing :)