Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My bad!


I know, I know, I despair of ever being a regular poster! I do have good excuses though! I had stamper's Club on Thursday and Friday and was to pooped to stamp after. Also on Friday I had both DT packages arrive with some awesome rubber and stuff, so over the weekend I have bin simultaneously working on multiple projects. Finally I will have some fun stuff to share. Today's card was totally inspired by a card made by a very talented lady: Anita Hagen. Her card is here. I just love the artistry and work which goes into every one of her projects!
Stamps: Magnolia ( girl in apron and stars )
Ink: Stewart Superior Burnt Umber, Distress ink in Spiced Marmalade and Tea Dye.
Paper: Bazzill, Very Vanilla, Cosmo Cricket DP, Daisy D's DP, Paper Trey stampers select white, SU Pumpkin and Close to Cocoa
Other: Copic Markers, Faber & Castel and Prismacolor pencils, Twinkling H2O's, May Art ribbon, Quickutz dies ( envelope and swirls ), Prima flowers, Jessie James glitter dots, gold cording, Stickles.
Everything is easy. The girl was colored with a mix of three mediums ( also stars ) . Greetings are hand written and stitched.

24 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Don't worry I forgive you! LOL! Another magnificent card packed with details!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful vibrant colours.Fantastic idea using the envelope. I just love it. Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Love the colour combo Sophia and the colouring as ever is stunning :)

Marlene xx

Conibaer said...

Wow! This card is gorgeous!

Nancy said...

what a fantastic card!! the colors are so great and your coloring is wonderful...i love it!!!

Anonymous said...

If I received this card, my first comment would be...WOW! What I would give to color like you...it is just perfect!

Alhambra Club said...

Your card is fantastic, love the envelope with the saying in it, love everything about it.

Katharina Frei said...

A wonderful card Sophia, the dark orange is perfect and your colouring great.

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love your coloring, it's always perfect:)

I gave you an award in my blog by the way:)

MichelleO said...

We missed you! But the thought of fun things coming of course we forgive :)! This card is fabulous as always, love the colors and those greeting coming out of the envelope are just great!

Kathy said...

Beautiful image!! I love your coloring and choice of papers!!!!

Sew Club said...

OMGoodness Girlfriend! How do I NOT have you on my GReader!? Your cards are amazing! Adding now...

Anonymous said...

I love the colors on this card!

Rose Ann said...

No need to apologize, girl! ;)

This is darling! I love the colors and cute little envie with the greetings!

Kristine said...

Oh My gawsh...now This can't get any cuter!! :D LOVE IT!! Love how you sat her on the ribbon--LOVE the bright orange color and your envelope idea. This is just sooo FABULOUS!!

Marja Sch said...

Just a gorgeous card again. Hugs Marja

My Paper World said...

Wow! Your colouring is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Sophia, each of your cards is just cuter than the last!!!! I *love* your Magnolias!!!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wonderful card sophia.
glad to hear you got your DT package! cant wait to see what you are going to show us

Annie said...

fabulous card and love the way you've coloured Tilda - so much depth!

Ila said...

Another Gorgeous card!!...well worth the wait...(like I can talk..I am a erratic poster well).
Anyway..I love the colors, your coloring and the envelope with the greetings in it. I also love the swirl on here...great diecut!!

Nixe-Moni said...

wow great card with really wonderful colours. love this little Tilda and your colouring is perfect again :)

hugs
moni

Steph said...

This is so adorable. Love the colors, awesome card!! /the envelope is such a cute touch!

Debbie Olson said...

Such a lovely card! Great layout, colors, and coloring of the main image!