Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Altered DVD tin

I've done quite a few altered altoid tins, but this is my first time working with a DVD tin. I found it trickier because of the larger size and having to do the inside. I am planning on adding a note pad but so far have not found one the right size! I figured though that since I don't know how long it will take to find one I better post now and then show it again later when I find the pad! It is quite a cute idea and I will definitely keep on playing with DVD tins until I get the hang of it.
Recipe:
stamps: Lockhart Pencils, SU Baroque Motifs, Karen Foster snap stamps mini formal.
CS : Petals and Paisley DP, Rose Red DP, Cool Caribbean, Wasabi
Ink : Ranger Adirondacks Black
Other : Winter Mini ribbon, SEI Brads, Copic markers, Airbrush system, Sewing Machine
The layers are adhered with Crystal Effects. There is sewing along the front cover, The image was colored with co-ordinating Copic markers, then a mask was made and the airbrush applied.
I hope you enjoy my first attempt at Altering DVD tins. Cheers and have a nice day.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like how nice these DVD cases turn out! Your's is so pretty. I love the pencils on the front. This would look so much better on my little writing desk than the debri I have on there now!

Bethany Paull said...

Great job coloring the pencils with your Copics. They're such a colorful rainbow of pencils. The inside looks so great too.

Alhambra Club said...

This is fantastic, love it, the papers and stamping and your coloring is great.

Jean McKenzie said...

So lovely Sophie!! I will have to keep a look out for these tins - think they are still getting to Oz LOL!!

Karen said...

This is a great project! Can't wait to see it with the tablet.

Adelina said...

Very cute project!

Michele Kovack said...

What an awesome job you did! Your coloring as always is awesome!

Ila said...

Wow! Fabulous!! love the way this turned out!

Rose Ann said...

I really love your altered tin! What a perfect image, and beautiful coloring! I love the sewing as well!

Crafty in Calgary said...

What a cool project! :)

The Cryer Family said...

So gorgeous - all your cards are great!