Friday, August 17, 2007

Stampers Club

One of the biggest things that I struggle with each month is coming up with approachable and nice cards for Stampers Club, Workshops and beginner classes. I love doing my own thing, but a lot of the stuff I do has taken years of practice to achieve and can't be taught to a beginner. Its not that it is hard, just I find intimidating to someone who hasn't stamped before. So the first place I go when I need inspiration for a Class is Andrea's Stamping Blog . She is an absolute wiz at teaching both new and experienced stampers, and she is also my Upline. She has totally mastered simple and elegant which for me is one of the hardest things to do.
This first lady bug card is almost a total case from Andrea's lady bug card .
I just tweaked it a bit and changed some stamps and colors. I used Carte Postal for the background, Pick a Petal for the bug, and Stem sayings for the trail and greeting. Stem sayings is embossed and the colors used are River Rock, Wasabi, Black, Rose Red DP. Ink colors are the same except that I sponged with Caramel.


This next one is showcasing the cracked glass technique. Once again I drew on Adrea for inspiration. I loved this card that she did. I wanted to get the same feel with my own touches. The colors used are Natural, Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Rose Red DP. Ink colors are the same except I added Caramel for sponging. The set used is Pick a Petal.



The last project is a little box that I downloaded from Splitcoast. I used the Very Punny set (because I still have some to sell to customers) and the Pick a Petal for the topper. I accidentally used Pomegranate for the top bug when I should have used red. I didn't have time to fix it but will get my customers to use the red ink to match the ribbon. The bottom bugs are colored with Blender pen and markers.

I thought that I would share this with you so that you can see what i have been up to, but also to give you an idea of my struggles and also the kind of day to day stamping I do for my business.Thanks so much and have a great day!

7 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are so cool, I love the simplicity of them, great for my level.

Adelina said...

Those are all beautiful cards! I love the little box with the lady bugs. Very cute!

Michele Kovack said...

I think these are very approachable! Love your color combos!

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful cards!

I love the ladybirds!

Anonymous said...

These turned out beautifully. I especially love the card with the cracked glass technique.

Rose Ann said...

These are perfect for your club!! I love the color palette!

Anonymous said...

Great projects! I love them all. I only recently saw Pick a Petal being used for ladybug wings and I thought it was a genius idea. I know what you mean about trying to come up with simple projects. It's not easy to come up with something that's easy but will appeal to several different people. Everyone always has fun creating with their own hands at the parties, though, even if it's not something they'd choose to do on their own. I'm glad you shared these projects. People are always looking for ideas!