Thursday, August 16, 2007

Still Coloring


I am a big fan of the House of Mouse images! I find them so whimsical and cute! They recently had a sale where when you buy three you get one free. I decided to add a wee bit to my collection.
recipe:
Stamps: House of Mouse, Lockhart sentiment
Paper : Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Whisper White, Basic Grey DP, Unknown
brown.
Ink : Ranger Adirondacks black, Basic Brown
Other : Copic markers, Faber Castel color pencils, Prisma color pencils, Dazzling diamond,
ribbon, copper brads.
To color these images, I usually use a mix of media. In this case i started with a base of Copic markers, in a variety of Earth tones, and Blue greens. There is a touch of the red family used on the cheeks and ears. I then went over all the areas with the color pencils. I use short strokes on the fur to simulate the texture of real fur. I follow the shadow lines using colored pencils in a deeper shade of the same color. I highlighted the toothpaste with glitter. The edges are inked with Ranger Tea dye distress ink using a sponge dabber. A little extra touch of piercing was added to the right corners of the card using Ornare piercing template. I find it adds a little touch of interest.
Thanks so much for your interest, and enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card. I love HM stamps. Your coloring is wonderful also. If you like HM stamps you might want to try hmstamps.com. Dick gives a great discount. He also carries Penny Black, Peanuts, Happy Hoppers, Seasame Street etc. Great prices!!
Susiespotless@yahoo.com.
I have subscribed to your great blog also!

Alhambra Club said...

Wonderful card, love that background paper, your coloring and shading is fantastic.

Michele Kovack said...

I love the House Mouse stamps too! Sometimes I just like to sit and color! Great job on this cute card!

Jean McKenzie said...

Sophie, your card is gorgeous - the colouring is to die for. I wish both House Mouse stamps and Copic markers werent so expensive to buy. I do have a few HM stamps though and dont use them enough!! Love your work!!

Anonymous said...

This is such an adorable card. As usual, your coloring is incredible. Keep the inspiration coming!

Ila said...

Beautiful! love your coloring, all the details..and that adorable house mouse stamp. My daughter and I pick up house mouse stamps at Holly Hobby when we go to the states...so far we've been really lucky at getting them 50% off...love the Hoppers too.

Anonymous said...

This is cute! I love how you mixed Flannel with the floral paper as a background for this image. It's a nice combo, slightly out of the box and it works so well. I have to push myself sometimes to think out of the box in this way. Nice job!