Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yup, I'm still Alive!


Where have I been? At the moment I have no idea. I finally went out and got a fancy card reader which will download 200 pictures in about 5 seconds. With that resolved I figured that I would be able to get up to posting on my blog. Then Life caught up with me and I was swamped. I have been frantically trying to prepare for my Friday's Stampers Club, prepare samples for my up-coming Library class, prepare cards and altered objects for a designer contest and basically be busy! Now I know that I have not been posting to any Blogs lately, please don't think that its because I'm not looking! I have been faithfully looking at all you guys daily, its just that with everything on my plate I have been unable to take the time needed to comment (my computer can be really slow sometimes). I will be back to commenting on all the amazing stuff I have been seeing, but until I clear off my desk of necessary projects I will be unable too. Oh ya and on an up note, I'm so excited that Scor-Pal found one of my cards through Beate's challenge and asked to put it in their new gallery! How cool is that. I absolutely love that tool, and now I have something showcased for them!!
As to this card that I made on Saturday. It is fast and was kinda a warm-up. It was really simple but fun. I have always loved coloring, so this was right up my ally.
recipe:
stamps: Lockhart
Paper: drk Brown unknown, Pumpkin Pie, Daisy D DP, Whisper White
Ink : Ranger Adirondacks black, Cool Caribbean, Ranger Distress in Tea Dye and Vintage
Other: Copic Markers (my new favs.), Decorative pearls, May Art ribbon, decorative scissors.
Sakura stardust pen.
I hope you enjoy what you see and i can't wait to show you the more intricate stuff after I enter it in the contest!

7 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Sophie, Tis great to see you back and already showing another lovely card!! So glad you had a great time away but you must have suffered from withdrawal symptoms from no stamping LOL. I think that every so often we need the break away!

Alhambra Club said...

Your coloring is fantastic, this card is awesome.

Crafty in Calgary said...

Nice to see you back in action, Sophie! I just love your detail work on this card- it is fab!

Michele Kovack said...

Soooo glad you are back! How cool that Score Pal recognized the talent you are! Congrats! Love this card! Thanks for visiting today! : )

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back! I've missed visiting you blog for my daily dose of inspiration!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...it's another Lockhart beauty!! I have half of the Copics from Ellen's store..and awaiting the other half. do you mind if I come to you for pointers? You definitely have it down. ;) Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, this is from six days ago and I'm just now getting around to seeing it. Don't feel bad about not being everywhere at once. I'm having a real hard time, myself, keeping up. This is a gorgeous card! The Fall colors are divine. I love how rich the Daisy D's papers are and your coloring is perfect!