Monday, August 20, 2007

I was working today and yesterday on my father's birthday card. Now his birthday isn't until October, but I figured that I could get a bit of a head start on it. I tried to make it masculine, my father loves lighthouses and boats and anything to do with the ocean. I steered clear of ribbon, and tried to bring in the feel of the lighthouse keeper. Warm flannel background, embossing to simulate waves, A life preserver which might be found on his dingy and stitching to give the feel of stitching on a canvas sail. The image is colored with Copic markers and the air brush system. I had a great time with the coloring, and it was my first try doing a sunset with airbrush. It is not perfect, but I am still learning.
Recipe:
Stamps: Karen Lockhart Lighthouse and sentiment, SU Flannel BG, SU By Sea
CS : Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Bordering Blue, Real Red, Whisper White, Very Vanilla
Other : Embroidery thread, Copper Brad, Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder, Copic Markers, Air
airbrush attachment, Photo corner Quickutz, Piercing tool and mat.
The cross stitch is done by hand, I pierced the paper and then sat and embroidered. I think my husband thinks I'm going loopy. The coloring was thoroughly enjoyable, I played with the shadows and light. I hope you enjoy looking and that you have yourselves a great day.

12 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like you are back in the groove! I love the extra accents to this card! The coloring is amazing.

Libby Hickson said...

I love this card, and I bet your father will too! Your coloring is just gorgeous, as always.

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, your coloring is shading is fantastic, and that hand stitching is great.

NormaJ said...

I love your card and the sunset is
the first thing that caught my eye.
Lovely colouring. Your dad will love this card.

Adelina said...

You did an amazing job with those copic markers! The colors are beautiful. Your dad will love it!

Michele Kovack said...

oooohhhh I likey likey! Beautiful coloring job!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my goodness....this is so gorgeous!!! What a beautiful coloring job you've done here!

Ila said...

Absolutely Fabulous!!..everything is perfect...love your coloring and all the wonderful details.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I love all the details as well as the finished package. Very, very nice. Your father will enjoy this!

Jean McKenzie said...

Ohhh Sophie, this card is beautiful and your colouring is superb!! I want to make a lighthouse card for my Dad for Father's Day which is in September here. I might use a couple of your ideas here on mine - love the stitching - looks great!!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Nancy G said...

This is amazing! Your talents are amazing!
:-)