Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Just a Quicky

I decided on a really quick card. I wanted to keep it simple and not fussy. I was also experimenting with using my Copic markers on different CS. For the most part I like using them on SU Whisper White CS. I usually stamp it with Adirondacks Pitch Black, letting it dry for about 2 min. and then begin the coloring process. The snow globe is done like this. I find that with the Whisper White, the ink stays more on the surface, and stays wet longer and is thus easier to blend direct on the paper. Also there is no discernible feathering. The only thing you will find is that the paper becomes somewhat shiny. The Wreath trim is stamped on Solaris White CS which you will find at Ellen's store. I stamped this one with Adirondacks Pitch Black Also, but you could also use Brilliance Black. When coloring the image, I found that the ink soaked in Quickly, and I had to use the technique of picking up darker color with a lighter color in order to achieve blending. Now each person has there favorites, and while I do like the final effect of the Solaris, my fav. is still the SU.
Recipe:
Stamps: Lockhart, MFT sentiment
Paper : Bashful Blue, Caramel, Real Red, WWhite, Solaris White
Ink : Buckaroo Blue, Distress Tea Dye
Other : Copic Markers, Airbrush tool, Spica Glitter pens, Piercer tool and template, Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist in Copper, Chocolate marker.
The globe was colored in with Copic markers, the background was airbrushed in BV000. Stickles and Spica pens were used to accent. The bough of pine was colored with Copic and Spica added for sparkle. Caramel CS was pierced in corners with Fleur de Lis type ornament , it was aged with Distress ink, stitching added around, and sprayed with glimmer mist. Sentiment was added last. The whole card shimmers and sparkles with subtle shine. Love it.
Thanks so much and have a great day!

10 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Your coloirng and shading is great, I am still working on getting the shading thing down with my copics

Jean McKenzie said...

Sophie, I love this card and would never think of using caramel as the base of a Christmas card - it looks sooo good. You can use those Copic markers so well. They are very expensive aren't they? Have never heard of them in Australia.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely STUNNING! Love your layout and the colouring is sooooooooooo good!

Michele Kovack said...

What a darling "quickie!" (Never thought I would use darling and quickie in the same sentence...LOL!)

Rose Ann said...

Thanks for the Copic tips! I love your card! Your coloring is as beautiful as ever, and I love those images!

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful card! You did a great job with the Copics!

Ila said...

This is Gorgeous!!..and your coloring is Fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

This is just GORGEOUS!! I LOVE The colors you used! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

You mention simple, but I just see cute, creative and very appealing. I love the Caramel and blue together. This makes a great Christmas card!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

This is such a great stamp and a beautiful card! Love it!
~Angie