Saturday, September 22, 2007

MFT

I decided to pull out my MFT coffee break set. Can you believe this is the first time I use it? I am really starting to like circles, so I decided to make my focal image inside the circle. I'm also getting more comfortable using the Prima flowers. Its funny how playing with other styles can start to influence your use and comfort level of other things.
recipe:
Stamps: MFT, SU Linen
Paper : River Rock, Choc.Chip, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Winter Mini DP, Celery DP
Ink : Ranger: Adirondacks in Pitch Black, Distress in Tea dye & Vintage Photo
Other : Copic Markers, Airbrush system, Tattered Angel Glimmer mist in midnight Blue, Bella Baubles in Cappuccino, Prima flowers, May Art ribbon, Glue dots, Crystal Effects, hardware and Eclipse masking tape.
I started by coloring the image in with my Copic Markers. After I finished, I masked it and airbrushed the background with B00 Copic marker. After I left the mask on and sprayed the BG with the Tattered Angel Glimmer mist which can be found at EP. This mist adds a great subtle shimmer which can be seen in photo below. The only thing I find is that it does not spray a very fine mist, you often end up with gobs on your paper. What I did was keep a Kleenex close by and used it to blot the BG as soon as it was sprayed. The rest of the card is pretty self -explanatory. I adhered the Baubles tho with crystal effects.
Thanks so much for all your kind comments, I can't tell you how much they mean to me. See you all later and have a great evening.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great effect! Thanks for the close up....I always love seeing detail! Great card....thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

This is awesome! I purchased some glimmer mist but I haven't used it yet. I did spray it on a piece of paper to see what it looked like and it did indeed went ALL over my table! lol

Anonymous said...

So cute, Sophia! Love the air brushed background and the flowers!

Corie said...

This is FANTASTIC -- I love everything about this card, a true masterpiece!!

Anonymous said...

You did it again! I love the layout and all those little extras you do that elevate the card from beautiful to stunning!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding! A super design with the square in the circle. Love all of it!

Rose Ann said...

This is wonderful...and I really love the layout! (May have to try it sometime *wink*) All of your faux stitching looks awesome, and I love the different patterned papers and your coloring of the images! Wow!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

LOVE THIS!! Great use of the flowers and hardware. I might have to break out my MFT coffee set. Thanks for the inspiration.