Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Magnet Tin

This is another one of my haven't got around to posting projects. There are day's when I'm just to busy to do all the writing portion! This little tin is half full of magnets. I haven't decided yet on if I am going to make more magnets, or if I am going to put a magnet on half of the base, cover the whole with CS and then fill half with paper clips, and half with the magnets. I was trying to come up with little office gift sets.
recipe:
Stamps: Lockhart Autumn basket
CS : Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Daisy D DP
Ink : Ranger Adirondacks Pitch Black
Other : Copic Markers, Airbrush system, SU Chocolate Chip ribbon, stones, round magnets, SU flower punch, May art ribbon, A Muse bling, Sakura Stardust Pen, Spica pens in Orange, gold, and melon, White gel pen, Glue dots.

I stamped the image out and then colored it in with my Copic Markers. I then created a mask out of Eclipse tape, and then airbrushed. Spica and Sakura were used to accent the image. The small flowers were punched out and then embossed in the centre to force the petals up and out. The insides were dotted 3 times with the gel pen, and then it was lined with sakura. A few rhinestones were added to select centres for bling. The daisy D DP was cut and then adhered with crystal effects as was the ribbon. Image was laid down, and then flowers adhered with glue dots and the bow glued in. The magnets were created by stamping and coloring the image, gluing the pebbles over the image with crystal effects,trimming the paper to fit the pebble then gluing on the magnet with crystal effect. And there you have the finished product. I am thinking like I said of finishing the inside with half a magnet flour and then covering the whole with CS.

Have a great Tuesday and I will see you tomorrow!



8 comments:

Rose Ann said...

What a totally gorgeous tin! Your coloring is amazing, as usual! I love how you used the little punched flowers and ribbon, and your little magnets are so cute!

Karen said...

What a great idea. This would make a great hostess gift!

Alhambra Club said...

This is fantastic, love the pumpkin magnets.

Corie said...

What a beautiful tin -- LOVE it.

Theresa said...

WOW! It is beautiful!!! I love fall colors!!!

Michele Kovack said...

I love the tin and the cute magnets inside! I have made marble magnets in the past and given them to fellow teachers as small birthday gifts...you have inspired me to pull them out and make some again!

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is about the cutest idea ever and I'm SO going to use it! First of all, I LOVE tins and LOVE to alter them! AND I just happen to have a roll of magnetic tape and some Page Pebbles so I'm ready to go. What a CUTE gift idea! Thank you! I'm always looking for ideas for things to put in the tins as part of the gift. This is super!! Bless you!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

These little pumpkins are the cutest version of this project I've ever seen. How divinely sweet! And they are awesome in the tin. Now I hafta alter my first tin. Thanks for the inspiration :0) Mel