Sunday, May 20, 2007

I have decided to add two of the cards I worked on a while ago. I don't know if anyone can tell, but I absolutely love the Lockhart images . I purchase mine from Ellen Hutson. She has a great blog and store which you can find on my sidebar. I love them because they can produce very simple elegant cards. You don't need lots of embellishments, the images stand out on their own, and are wonderful for watercolor. This first card uses Perfect Plum, Eggplant, and Old Olive CS. The image is stamped on water color paper, then filled in with markers and water colored. I used every green marker I had along with Chocolate Chip and Eggplant marker. Creamy Caramel was used for the background. The egg was colored with yellow marker, and Sakura Clear Glaze was applied to the yellow, and Sakura White Souflee pen was applied to the white. The image was finished with Sakura Stardust pen on the leaves. The Olive card stock was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. The final details are the mini tags on which I hand wrote 'friend, kind and thanks'. The tags are by Quickutz. The greeting is Lockhart, and the photo holder is Everlasting Keepsakes (got at Frantic Stamper). It is the Pine cone one colored with Olive craft ink.
The second card is again a Lockhart image. But I also used Print Pattern BG and Dots & Daisy BG and Fancy Flexible Phrases 'Hugs'. The CS is Old Olive, Artichoke and Vanilla which was sponged with Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa and the Background stamped in Old Olive. The image was colored in with greens, Caramel and Yellows then water colored and lined with Sakura Stardust. Faux stitching was placed on the mat, little paper Quickutz buckles were placed on the True Thyme and May Art ribbon.
I hope that you have enjoyed looking at these as much as I have enjoyed making them.

No comments: