Monday, May 21, 2007

It's a school day tomorrow, and I was only able to get one card done. I decided to pull out this Woodland Cottage set, because it makes me think of high summer when the scent of roses is heavy in the air. My rosebushes are all leaves, and I have a while to wait before the flowers come. The paper is a mix of Basic Gray, Regal Rose, Chocolate chip, some unknown brown that I wanted to use up, and a piece of Arturo pink watercolor paper. I used copper brads, velvet ribbon from the Winter mini catalog ( I am guilty of serious hording), Sakura Stardust pen, and the Signo gel pen for faux stitching. I also used my piercing tool and mat pack to create the holes for the faux stitching. The image is colored in using re-inkers and water color brush. Whenever I do water coloring, I use real water color brushes instead of those Aquaflow brushes because I have more control over the amount of water being applied. More water means more dilution which I don't like. It could also be that I have not yet found the perfect Aquaflow brush.





2 comments:

Andrea Walford said...

Gorgeous watercoloring!

Unknown said...

nice designs!! congratulations