Sunday, May 20, 2007

Wow, this is frustrating, I just finished writing out all my comments, and wanted to preview, when I realized that I had not saved and I lost everything. So now I am re-doing everything.
These cards are for my July stamp class. I just love this set, and working with it makes me hungry lol.

This first card uses Bashful Blue, Rose Red, and Whisper White. The stamps are Sweet Treats, Print Pattern and a greeting of unknown origin. The white CS was placed in a Cuttlebug embossing folder and the embellishments are Quickutz. The image was colored in with Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, Real Red, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa and Bashful Blue markers, the technique is watercolor. One of my favorite methods of coloring is water coloring with markers. The results are often rich and vibrant.


The second card uses Rose Red, Certainly Celery and Very Vanilla CS. The Celery was embossed with the Cuttlebug embossing folders. The greeting is Fancy Flexible Phrases punched out with the SU tab punch. The cake was stamped twice on water color paper. Both images were marker water colored, and then one was cut out in pieces and layered using pop up dots, and glue dots. The bottom was cut with Create-a-Cut. The ribbon is SU Organdy, and gold cord.
My third card is one that I cased. The original is here www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/507186?cat=844

When I saw this card, I just had to make one for myself. I changed a few elements of the background, as well as the greeting. The colors are all the same. Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel Real Red, and Close to Cocoa.


My final card is once again using Sweet Treats. The other stamp sets are Petals and Paisley for the background and Blooming with Happiness for the greeting. Random circles of the background were filled in with Signo white gel pen. The image was once again stamped on water color paper and colored in with coordinating markers. CS colors are Almost Amethyst, Rose Red and Certainly Celery. I am absolutely adoring this color combination. The only other thing I did was add Caramel sponging and a bit of doodling.

Well I hope people don't think that I am going post crazy, but I just find this to be so much fun. First I couldn't get myself to learn how to upload images and post, and now I can't stop. Mildly addictive I must say --probably won't last to same degree. I so much enjoy looking at everyone Else's blogs and Splitcoast uploads, and I hope you enjoy mine too.

No comments: