Saturday, May 19, 2007

It's not going to be a regular habit to post multiples daily, But I am starting to play around with my camera, and how to achieve the best images. So for the next while I will be posting a fair bit to get comfortable with everything. This frog was made for one of the Splitcoast challenges a few weeks ago. I still wasn't ready to tackle the computer uploading so I never got around to posting it.


The frog is from Unfrogettable, and the dress is a Lockhart image of a Rosebud dress. I colored the dress image with markers and water colored it, then cut it apart to make my Froggy couture. The dress colors are regal rose, rose red, and Sakura stardust pen to outline. I had a lot of fun with this and am thinking of doing a whole line of Froggy Couture lol. The frog was stamped on shimmer card stock and colored in with Prismacolors and Gamsol. The paper is old olive, choc. chip and an unknown DP. I finished off with 3 gold brads, and some sponged clouds around the skyline.


This second card was inspired by one that I saw on Inkastamp a while ago. It uses pretty in pink, celery, apricot, choc. chip and SU DP. Stamp sets are Carte Postal, much Appreciated, and a Lockhart cupcake stack. Ink colors are Choc.Chip, white craft, apricot, rose red, amethyst, caramel and regal rose. The image was water colored and then Art Institute glitter was applied in Juicy Fruit, Bonnie Blue, and Magnolia. I finished off with Organdy ribbon.
Finally my last card for the uses the Shore Thing stamp set. CS colors are caramel,caribbean, and whisper white. Stamps are Shore Thing and Itty Bitty Backgrounds. I sponged a series of clouds in the sky, Made waves with the cuttlebug embossing folder and added dimensions with stickles and applique to mimic the sea foam. The images were all stamped on watercolor paper and colored in using markers in a watercolor technique ( my favorite method of coloring). Lastly stickles were applied to some of the critters, and Sakura Stardust pen to others as well as to the sand on the main card. Hope you enjoyed, and will come to see what I'm up to Tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sew Club said...

Your cards are great! I especially like your "froggy couture" card! Too cute!

Angel said...

I think you should do a line of froggy couture!! Too cute. love your blog!
~Angel
http://angel2stamp.wordpress.com/