Sunday, May 27, 2007


What a long day. It was 10:00 p.m. before I Finlay had time to do a bit of stamping. Some times I'm astounded by how much time the necessities of life take. Well go figure that I was in the mood to do something a little more intricate. It is now 1 a.m. and I am just now uploading. The only problem with this type of card is that inevitably I fall in love with it and can't part with it. I have to like someone an awful lot to give it away. I wonder if I would still be normal if I took to framing the cards? Hubby might object.
Anyways, this card is something that has been on my mind for a while. I had not completely decided on all the elements until I saw this card http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/565310
It inspired me for the greeting. The card stock used is Choco.Chip, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, and Daisy D DP. The stamps are Touch of Nature, French Script, Happy Harmony, and The Artful Stamper flowers. Ink is a brown, Distress Ink, and black memory ink. Coloring is done with assorted SU and Tombow markers. The images are stamped on water color paper. Accessories are brads ( copper and gold), a chip board photo corner colored with brown craft ink, and lots of Sakura Stardust Pen. I cut the images out with a craft knife, and boy let me tell you that it took awhile. The card itself is pretty self explanatory, but time consuming. I hope you enjoyed looking. Have a great Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an absolutely stunning card. I love the various elements and colors you brought into this layout.

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Great card!

michelle sturgeon said...

Wonderful card! I love the French Script background!