Monday, May 28, 2007

Well, running low on time, I decided to keep my card simple tonight. I saw a beautiful card on http://stampinlibby.blogspot.com/2007/05/beates-weekend-sketch-challenge.html .
I loved the colors and the layout which was from Beate Friday Sketch Challenge. I love her mini cards and decided to do one also. The card is 4 1/4 x 8 1/2. I am so in love with square cards right now and this helps me to save on paper. I had this old Magenta image which I have not used in a long time and I thought it would go really well with this size of card. I kept my layers to a minimum. The image is not matted because I felt that it could stand on its own and I didn't want anything detracting from it. My CS colors are Cool Caribbean, Night of Navy, Basic Grey DP and water color paper. The N of Navy was sprayed with something called MoonMist in the color Land Lubber. It is basically Pearl Ex with walnut ink. I wanted to bring to mind the shimmer on a beetles back. The Image itself is water colored with re-inkers, and I painted over the wings with twinkling H2O. I went over the dots in the image with yellow and blue stickles and finished with 3 gold brads. Ink colors used were Ruby Red, Real Red, Cranberry, Black, Cool Caribbean, TTurquoise, Marigold, Rust, and N of Navy. I kinda went a bit ape with the shimmer, but at least I had fun doing it!

2 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

This is such a nice blog! I also LOVE your card!

Anonymous said...

This card is so gorgeous (as are all of your cards!!) - I am so thrilled & honored that *I* gave you a little inspiration!! That's awesome! Thanks for making my day, and thanks for sharing this beautiful card!! :-)