Sunday, June 24, 2007


Ahhh finaly had a bit of a break. My daughter is off to camp for a couple weeks, and I only have my 15 month old at home with me. I love my daughter dearly, but its kinda nice to be free of the schooling responsibility for a couple of weeks. I have spent the past couple of days doing almost nothing. Last night I made up my blog neglect by stamping till 3am. Kinda crazy but well I had to get over a stamping slump. I was having such a hard time, I ditched one card which I accidentally warped with my heat gun trying to curl the organdy ribbon. So in the end all I have to show for myself is one lone card sniff, sniff. So anyways, to the details:
Stamps: Touch of Nature, Fancy Flexible Phrases
CS : Old Olive, Garden Green, Naturals Ivory, CCAramel, CChip, VVanilla
Ink : Garden Green, Caramel, Choc.Chip, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Mustard, Summer Sun
Old Olive, Black, Real Rust,
Acc. : Black Sakura Glaze Pen, Green Swavorsky Crystals, May Art Ribbon, Gold Brads,
Giga Square Scallop, Mega Circle Scallop, Giga circle Scallop, Stickles lime, lemon,
orange.
I started out with an Olive base which I stamped the fern on in GGreen. I aged the edges with the same green. The second layer is GGreen sponged with the same. The third is the Natural Ivory stamped randomly with the olive branch and then watercolored in with re-inkers. The centre medallion is from largest to smallest: Giga Caramel circle sponged with caramel and dotted in Black Glaze, Mega GGreen circle sponged with GGreen and dotted in Black, Giga Olive Square stamped with fern in GGReen and sponged in same, Giga Vanilla square sponged with Caramel and Olive and then dotted in Black Glaze pen. The butterflies were stamped 4 times on confetti, painted in with re-inkers, cut out and layered with pop-ups between the wings. Stickles were added to the wings and they were glued down on the centre medallion. Rhinestones were added to two corners. The tag and flower were from cuttlebug, the sentiment was stamped on the flower and the flower was sponged with caramel and olive. This was then mounted with ribbon. Stickles were added to the olive leaves, and four gold brads were placed on corners.

10 comments:

Karen said...

How beautiful. Love the paper too!

Libby Hickson said...

Very pretty! And I've been there myself - HOURS of stamping with hardly anything to show for it! Hope you enjoyed the process at least. :-)

Michele Kovack said...

This is me every night with cards, scrap pages.....Your efforts were well worth it! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Very beautiful! Love the butterflies, and colors! TFS!

Bethany Paull said...

It may be only one card, but it is such a gorgeous card! Those butterflies are lovely! And all the scallops look great.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful flight of fancy! I love the way you see things. The design and the whimsy are wonderful!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is beautiful, love those butterflies

Stampernmore said...

wow, you have an awesome style! I am so glad you commented on my blog, so I could find yours. Consider yourself tagged!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I love the way you layered the different scalloped elements.

Anonymous said...

http://www.mfg.com/usa/tramadolonline/#31645 tramadol 50 mg injection - tramadol snort