Monday, June 18, 2007



Well I had a bit of a hard time with this card. I started out painting the oysters. I fell in love with Flaxychick's oyster card from this month's Dirty Dozen gallery ( if you haven't seen it yet then definitely check out what these talented ladies have been up to). Anyways I had a hard time when it came to the layout, I had to play around for a long time before I had a layout I liked! The stamps used are Crab and Company from the spring Minnie. the CS is Brocade Blue, Ruby Red, Apricot Appeal, SU Saffron DP, Chatterbox DP, SU Au chocolat DP and Imaginesence DP. I colored in the image with SU and Tombow markers and then watercolored it. I went over the Oysters with Radiant Pearl Dragonfly wing which gives a greenish sparkle. Sakura Stardust pen was dotted along the Oyster sand and the crab, ageing was done with Tea distress ink. The finishing touches are May Art ribbon, a "lucky you" on window punch with brad, dotting with Signo white Gel Pen, and scallops with scallop scissors, and waves with Create-a-Cut decorative trimmer. The inside of the card says " You have to crack a lot of oysters before you find a pearl". Please enjoy and have a great day!

4 comments:

Karen said...

What a great card. Looks like a lot of work!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card. Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous (as usual) - it makes the oysters look so real! I also love all the other little details you incorporated.

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, what a great card, love Mr. Crabby, glad to see you gave him some friends, even is they are shy

Laura said...

How did you get all those clams like that? I love it!!