Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ok, so I had another one of those strange stamping evenings. I started out wanting something different for this weeks challenge. I wanted it to stand out and look great. Instead I got this! It must be residual effects from my lack of catalogue depression lol. Anyways, in a fit of honesty I decided to post it instead of never letting it see the light of day. I am sure we all have our blah cards. To be honest its not that I even hate it, its just that I have no clue what to think of it!\
Card Stock: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy, Vellum CS, Petals/Paisley DP
ink : Garden Green, OOlive, Rose Red, Brown, Not Quite Navy
Stamps : Big Bloom, Quick Thinking,Papertrey Butterfly Kisses
Acc : Glue pad, AIG Rain Forest glitter, May Art ribbon, silver brads, SEI pink brad,
Prima flowers, White Signo Gel Pen, peircer and mat pack, Diamond Glaze

to start I sponged the main card with GGreen and OOlive. I stamped the greeting and added the brads. The second panel is Not Quite Navy sponged with same, pierced all around and blanket stitch added. It was then matted on CChip. This layer was then adhered. The flower was stamped on the reverse side of the paper, cut out, sponged with Rose Red, and then adhered to CChip. This was the free hand cut to make the border. I pieced a hole in the flower, and stuck the Prima flowers to it with the pink brad, added the ribbon between the flowers, opened the brad backing and adhered the flower to the Navy. The butterfly was stamped with a glue pad on the vellum and then the glitter was applied. A second set of wings in the NQNavy was stamped and cut. The two layers were adhered together with Diamond Glaze and then adhered to card with same glaze. A trail was added with gel pen and a trail freehanded.
Thanks for checking out my blog
and have a happy Wednesday!

8 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

Well, I love it!!

Karen said...

Love this! Very funky!

Bethany Paull said...

Um, well, *I* like it. It's unique. The colors are great. And I love the dimension.

Libby Hickson said...

Wow Sophia I think this card is really neat! It's definitely different and stands out! I think it's really cool!

Anonymous said...

I just came across you blog and I really like your cards. Very bold, I love bold :) Thank you for sharing your talents :)

Michele Kovack said...

Another beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful! The colors are very striking. Funny how we start out with one thing and end up with something else. It happens to me all the time!

Kristine said...

This is sooo elegantly beautiful! So many elements to look at and it's just awesome. :)