Wednesday, June 06, 2007


I had to do a card today for a family member who has just had a baby girl. I thought I would keep it simple and not add to many flourishes. The CS is Gable Green, Pixie Pink, Rose Red DP Card stock Vellum, and Whisper White. Stamps are Flannel, Itty Bitty Background, and Sunshine Designs Baby Cube. The Image is colored in with Copic Markers on Tria Marker Pad, then cut out and glued unto the Whisper White which was stamped with the identical image. The Copic's are just so bold and beautiful.....I am in love! I added Art Institute Glitter to the leaf and the canopy trim ( Leprechaun and Coral Reef). The card, scallops and image are aged with ink and sponge in their corresponding colors except for the main image which is distressed with Distress Ink in Tea. The greeting was messed up when I was not careful in applying it ARGG...... Thankfully I think it turned out not to bad! Oh Ya, I also edged the matted image and the Vellum with gold Krylon Marker.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Cute card. Love the Vellum idea

Libby Hickson said...

Very cute - I love the vellum with the gold, great idea. Also like the two offset scallop circles. But you really must stop trying to convince me I need Copic markers...! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I love how you offset the two big scalloped circles.

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh....that is sooo cute! I love everything about the card.

Ila said...

This is so Sweet! Great layout with the scallops and lovely coloring.

Bethany Paull said...

Very nice. I really like the layout with those scalloped circles. And the gold marker edging looks great.