Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I am in the depths of despair! The sun will never shine again and I shall never know joy in this cruel, cruel world.........sob, sob, sob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you haven't figured it out yet, my catalogue did not arrive today. I am angry and despairing at the same time. I am tempted to stalk my postal lady, but am scared that she might then withhold my catalogue as punishment. Is there any justice in this world? How can everyone I know in my Upline and same level have theirs and not me. I must live in the armpit of my province!
Anyway, now that I am done ranting ( to you anyway) I will explain my card.
It is today's Color challenge ( and I barely had the heart to make it). As I moped around my stamp room I decided to use a stamp set that has not yet seen ink!
Stamps: Papertray and Ink Greenthumb, Petals and Paisley's
CS : Cool Caribbean, Marigold, the watcha McCall it Pink, Arturo pink, and Very Vanilla
Ink : Pale Plum, Eggplant, Rose Red, Marigold, Caribbean, Olive, Caramel, Pumpkin, Brown
Acc. : Ranger white liquid pearl, Stickles, Dazzling Diamond, Cuttlebug Textile, Slit Punch,
Gold and Orange brads, gold cording, Pinking decorative scissors.

The card was pretty straight forward, I aged every layer with its own ink color, and then stamped with different elements of the Paisley set. I marked the Marigold card stock with a ruler to get even spacing and cut my slits. I used my Crop-o-dile for the holes and eyelets, and then threaded the cord through. The image was placed over after it was stamped and the greeting added to the corner.
Cheers, and have a great day.

8 comments:

Karen said...

What a beautiful card. Love the lacing. FIngers crossed your catalogs will arrive soon!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Bless your heart...

but I love your card! Great use of the PT set - I love the angle you put the flowers at, and the lacing - very balanced. And I find myself making brighter color contrasts when I need a pick-me-up...so the CC worked for you there too. :)

The sun'll come out tomorrow......!

Dina

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a gorgeous card! I love all the pretty paper!

Stampernmore said...

I was hoping to get my catty today too, I took it as a sign they don't like me enough to send me a birthday present. At least they could post it online! But I LOVE this card! I need to buy this stamp set now, cause you did such a great job with it, I want it for my very own!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. The colors work together so beautifully. The lacing looks awesome and I love the little pearls in the center of the flowers. Keep up the awesome work!

Libby Hickson said...

Great card - I love what you did with the slit punch, very cool! My catty hasn't come yet either, so I feel your pain! But I am COUNTING on it being here tomorrow!!!!!!

Jean McKenzie said...

I love the way you have used the slit punch here and hope it will be OK if I can use the same idea sometime. Just love your cards - they are all so interesting to look at!

Anonymous said...

Love your laced up background! Beautiful use of these colors, too. I don't have my catalog yet, either and I only live a few hours away from where they're printed!