Tuesday, June 19, 2007


Well I didn't have time to do this challenge until later in the day. And then I didn't have time to post it here until now. Its one of the joy's of being a parent. Stamping is done between activities, schooling, and all the other things that make up life. So for this card:
CS: Creamy Caramel, Real Red, Banana, Chocolate Chip( kinda cheated with this one), water
color paper.
Ink: Memory Black, Distress Ink in Tea and Vintage Photo
Markers: SU Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Cocoa, Tombow- 837,847,126,173,879,969,
Other: Walmart polka dot ribbon, gold brads, Krylon Gold Marker
Stamps: Lockhart
The card is a simple 4 1/4 x 4 1/4. The mat started with a 4"square piece of red. I lined one side with 2-way tape. next I cut lots of 1/4"strips of all three colors. I lay them out along the length of the red mat so that the tops were stuck to the tape. After I was done alternating the colors, I started on the horizontal, weaving the Papers over and under. Next when I was happy with the result I gently lifted up the bottom and taped them. I then took a second 4" square red mat and cut the square window. I lined it with tape and placed it over. I aged the weave with Dye ink and then lined the edges with gold marker. The image was stamped, colored with marker, water colored over and then cut out. I added Sakura Stardust to the small dots on the bowl and Sakura Glaze to the lip of the bowl. It was then mounted on the white and chocolate mat on top of the ribbon. Brads were added to the corners, and the greeting applied. All of this was mounted to the Caramel card base which I also aged with Tea and Vintage.
Hope you enjoy my project for today and enjoy the rest of your day!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so fabulous! I love the coloring--the apples look so real and I also love the weaving--it ties in so nicely with the theme of your card. Excellent!

Bethany Paull said...

How very pretty. Your coloring is so well done. I love the two-toned apple right in front. The weaving is perfect with this image too.

Michele Kovack said...

This is stunning! Your coloring is the best I have seen!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the colors and the weaving, what a great card.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I love your woven mat and all that rich red. Wonderful shading of the apples!

Tee said...

I really like all your cards. You take time with coloring, and it shows. Perfect. Great site.

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card - so detailed and pretty - clever girl! http://scrapsidaisy.typepad.com

Allison Rankin said...

I chose you for my Inspiring Blog of the Week...super site!

http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2007/06/well-i-have-been-less-than-diligent.html

Karen Lindsay said...

What a pretty card! Love the colors, the art work and the layout. Lovely!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! I love the way you did the weaving!

Kristine said...

Oh, I LOVE this one too!! :) That bowl of apples belongs in my kitchen...it's apple themed. Love what you did with it...this card sure took some time, and I LOVE it!