Monday, June 11, 2007


Wow, I've had a busy weekend, and just today have finally had the opportunity to put some ink to rubber. This card is one that I have made for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #5. The only thing I changed was that I didn't put a greeting. For starters I didn't have a bold greeting that would show up well with craft ink, and also It just didn't seem to fit this particular image.
The paper I chose was Black, Real Red and Basic Grey Scarlet Letter. I originally was going to do flowers in the centre, but it just wasn't working so I decided to play on the name of the DP, and made my own Scarlet. This stamp is from a cube that was designed by a local stamp artist, who owns her own store. The other stamp used was Like It a Latte. Scarlet was stamped out on Tria Marker Paper and colored in with Copic markers. I then cut her out, adhered her to Whisper White and cut her out a second time. She is placed on a mat of Black scallop, RRed square, and Black and White Scarlet Basic Grey. I added two rhinestones to Scarlet's hat, and a Black Organdy double bow to her chin to simulate a sheer blouse. Red stickles were added to the DP and white flourishes also. Other than that the card is straight forward. It was a fun challenge and I really enjoyed doing it. Oh ya, I also punched a flower, adhered it with a brad. This idea was cased from Beate's card where she used it as a embellishment to hold the card closed. Hope you enjoyed this card, and stay tuned for my next card with Tuesday's color challenge.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. The image you chose works so well with the Basic Gray paper!

Anonymous said...

Sohpia, that looks gorgeous! Love the paper and image combo! Perfect. Who cares about a greeting. You can put that inside! Thanks so much fo participating in the challenge.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oh! I love it! What a great combination.
:-)

Libby Hickson said...

Wow Sophia this is just gorgeous! The card is so rich & elegant looking. Well done!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Hello, wow?!! This gorgeous! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - it led me to your gorgeous work. Going to subscribe (bloglines) so I don't miss any of this!

Dina
mamadinis.blogspot.com

Heather P. said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love the stamped image. :)