Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CCDesigns Funny Bunny


Just a quick note because my sister pointed it out. The bottom image is not a card, it is just a sample of how my brayered/sponged background ended up! She wasn't sure what it was so I thought I would clarify!
Tonight was brutal. I was trying my utmost to achieve the Brayer effects that Zindorf on Splitcoast achieves. In particular I was using this card as my inspiration for today's card. I went through tons of paper and ink. Threw out umpteen attempts. Almost gave up and finally hit on my own way to achieve her effects. I brayered the lightest color then sponged on the other colors and blended it in. I just couldn't figure out how she achieved that blended look without the straight lines that the brayer gives. I tried moving the brayer up and down to no avail. So anyways I used one of my varied attempts to make today's card.
recipe:
stamps: CCdesigns bunny and sentiment, SU Oh So Lovely
ink: Stewart Superior Burnt Umber, SU Pomegranate, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink
Paper: Stamper Select White, Old olive, Whisper White, Confetti Cream
Other: Prismacolor and Faber and Castel color Pencils, Twinkling H2O's, White gel Pen, Nestabilities rectangle plain and scalloped, Brayer, sponges, May Art Ribbon, Jessie James glitter dots, Stickles in Cinnamon and Diamond, Faber and Castel Pitt pen in Sepia.

Colored image first, and then cut out with nestability. Adhered to scalloped layer. Brayered and sponged rainbow layer. Everything else is self explanatory. Have a great night and I hope to post tomorrow, just not sure because I have Stamper's Club Friday which I am preparing for.
hugs,
Sophie

12 comments:

Laura said...

hey girlie! I just added a new card in my blog :).

Ah, zindorf.. I don't know how she does that awesome braying. I am not even going to try it yet! You have been very brave and I think you did a wonderful job! :)

NormaJ said...

Your poppy card is lovely. So
simple but elegant.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

gorgeous sophia.
your coloring is such an inspiration.

Donna Baker said...

hhmmmm - going to have to check out Zindorf's stuff...LOVE your card! a cutesy elegant card, you totally pull it off!

Karen said...

Gonna have to check that out! Yours looks awesome!

Alhambra Club said...

Love your bunny card, and your color technique is fantastic, we all need to put our own little spin on what we do and you have your down pat, finally, LOL.

Rose Ann said...

Your bunny card is soooo cute!! I love it!

Your Poppy card is beautiful! I haven't tried Michelle's brayering technique, and what an effect!! Fabulous!

Michele Kovack said...

Both are stunning! Your efforts in the end were worth it! : )

Ila said...

Your Valentine card is Gorgeous and So Cute!!...Your sample background is Lovely!!

Anonymous said...

This is cute! Love the bunnies! Your background turned out wonderful even though you struggled with it. You reached the same end through your own means but I see no compromise whatsoever in the beauty. Fantastic job!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this....it's the cutest!!! You are so Amazing with what you Create!!!!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this....it's the cutest!!! You are so Amazing with what you Create!!!!