Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Simple sketch


A little while ago while doing my Blog rounds, I came upon this card by Rose Anne which I loved for its simplicity and color. I decided right then and there that I needed to do one myself. It's to easy to get seduced by all the DP and embellishments out there, forgetting that less can often be more. For this card, I came upon a stamp that showed an adorable bird condo on a branch. I don't remember which company made it but I think it is a new release. I decided to sketch my own bird condo from what I remembered. I added a little bee hive and bee.
recipe:
Stamp: Papertrey sentiment, image is sketched
Paper: Fabriano Mediovalis pre-scored card
Ink: Faber and Castel Pitt marker in Sepia, various reinkers for coloring, Basic Brown.
Other: Stickles, May Art ribbon
Sketched the image first with pencil, and then went over the lines with Faber Castel Pitt Marker. Colored it in, added stickles and tied ribbon.
Its a short post tonight, I have to prepare for a Library class Thursday. I have been working on another card, so if I'm lucky and work efficiently then I may post tomorrow. Thanks so much for popping by.
Hugs,
Sophie

17 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

So cute! This image works perfectly for this style of card. And as always your coloring is gorgeous!

Laura said...

this is just absolutely gorgeous! i like it soooo much! you are more than welcome to mail it to me, if you haven't got a recipient yet *grin*.

Ila said...

Perfect!! absolutley Lovely!!

Jennie Skaggs said...

Gorgeous card...love the way you did the layout. Jennie

Marlou McAlees said...

this is BEAUTIFUL as your sentiment says it all :) :) love it x

Alhambra Club said...

Love single layer cards, yours is awesome, the colors and simplicity, beautiful!

Broni said...

Sophie, this is just gorgeous!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wonderful sophia.
oohh... so classy.
i wonder why i don not get email updates from your blog.
i did subscribe to it?!
claudia

Michele Kovack said...

I love the clean classy look of this card!

Katharina Frei said...

You are true, less is often more. A wonderful card of yours, which shows your excellent colouring skills.

Rose Ann said...

Your coloring is so beautiful...and I love the image!! Thanks for the mention as well. ;)

Anonymous said...

This card just takes my breath away! The simplicity of it is stunning. You are a very talented artist!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Cute cute! ;)
Maybe it was one of my stamps you saw called Main Street?
http://www.whippersnapperdesigns.com/product_info.php/products_id/4724

Anonymous said...

Simple is good! And your card IS beautiful!!! I just love your coloring. ...I'm sure I've said that already. :)

Aud said...

Wonderful card! Your sketch is awesome, you should make it into a stamp! I'd love to buy it id you did - that's for sure!!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love the image and the delicate shading.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Perfection! You are sublimely talented, :0) Mel