Thursday, January 17, 2008

Magnolia's Tilda SC159

Wow, two posts in a day! That doesn't happen often. But I had the time and was in a good mood so what can I say. This is Sketch Challenge #159 from today. I had a really hard time putting it together. I don't know what it was, but It took me so long to fiddle with the different pieces, and in the end I'm not sure that I am totally happy with the end result.
recipe:
Stamps: Magnolia , Karen Foster Alphabet
Ink: Stewart Superior Hybrid in Black, Ranger distress in Pine and broken china
Paper: Biggie Junior water color pad, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Stamper Select White, Basic Grey DP
Other: Tombow markers, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Nestability oval, May Art ribbon, Stickles, Spica glitter pen in gold, olive, blue and clear, hole punch, copic markers.
This card shimmers as you shift it in the light. Tilda was stamped on watercolor paper then colored and cut ( for details of watercolor with marker check under tutorials). Next I did up the oval background. It was colored and sponged with blue ink. There is a bit of masking going on. If you look below you can see background before Tilda was glued on. The Basic grey DP was mounted on the red CS and then holes were punched out so that you could see the Old Olive peeking through. Old Olive was embossed with Cuttlebug folder. Stickles were added to the holes. Everything was then mounted up and sentiment added. Thanks for looking again, and have a great night/morning.
Sophie


13 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Every time I look at your coloring, I am so "wowed". I wish I could take lessons. ;) Your card is so adorable, and your coloring is professional! (Love that little owl).

Marja Sch said...

A very lovely card. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I like your colours very much and had a look on your tutorials. i also love the magnolia stamps. Hugs Marja

Anonymous said...

Love how you did the oval, great card Sophia:-D

XO, Inge.

Anonymous said...

this is so stinking cute!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Oh I LOVE how this card ended up!!! I love the oval idea and all the added accessory stamps you used!! I'm gonna have to go check out your watercolouring tutorial, 'cause I need some help with that technique!! Might as well learn from a pro!!! Beautiful card, Sophia!!!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous card ,love the colours you have used ,Dawnx

Alhambra Club said...

LOVE this card and how you have her coming out from the oval with the flowers, AWESOME, your coloriing is so clean and crisp.

Donna Baker said...

this is AMAZING coloring - you are an artist! I love your card

Anonymous said...

This image and card are so charming and your coloring is fabulous!!

My Paper World said...

All of your cards are beautiful! and your colouring is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Love how you put it together and your coloring is gorgeous! Cute little owl in the corner too. :) ~Tammi

Ila said...

Totally Gorgeous!!...your coloring and colors are Amazing!!

Anonymous said...

This is just darling, Sophia! As always, beautiful coloring and so well composed. I've enjoyed catching up on your posts this evening. I've become hopelessly behind this week--just one of those weeks. It's always such a delight to come visit and see what you've been up to! Thank you!