Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Last weeks SC 157



Ok, this is posted kinda late. I was planning on posting a beautiful card from a lovely friend in Sweden, and realized that I left the card at my Sisters house in Cambridge. It just so happens that she leaves for Palm Spring tomorrow and won't be back for a few days. So as soon as she gets back I plan to have her send it back to me. That's the problem with me and holidays. Whenever I go visiting, I leave a trail of things behind me at everyone house. Then I spend the next month trying to get it all back. This year I managed to leave one slipper from my son, 3 CD's that belong to the library and are due in 3 days, a card, a shirt and a book. How pathetic is that!!

Anyways, on to the card and less of my griping. This was my challenge card for last week , which I did this week. It uses those cute little House of Mouse images.

recipe:

Stamps: House of Mouse, PaperTrey cake stamp set, Lockhart mini cherries, SU Sanded

Paper : Basic Grey DP, Fabriano watercolor paper, Old Olive, Wasabi, Cranberry, Vanilla

Ink : Stewart Superior Hybrid black ink, Basic Brown, Ranger distress in Pine

Other : Re-inkers, Jessie James glitter dots, May art Ribbon, mini-thin pop-up dots, regular pop-up dots, circle punches, Spica glitter pens in red and Olive.

Sections of the mouse are popped up to add dimension, the cherry DP is made with stamps, everything else is self-explanatory.

12 comments:

Laura said...

This looks soooo gorgeous!!! Love love love it! :) those cherries.. mmm... the coloring is so beautiful.

Rose Ann said...

Your coloring is gorgeous, and I love the dimension! This is such an adorable card, Sophia!

ingemg said...

Oooh this is gorgeous Sophia!Beautifully colored and such cute stamp:)

XO, Inge

Karen said...

Your coloring is awesome! I need to check into those glitter pens!

Flossie's Follies said...

what a great card, love your image and as always your coloring is fantastic.

All Pink girl said...

Fabulous card ,brilliant colouring ,you are very talented ,Dawnx

chelemom said...

Oooohhhh I HAVE this stamp!!! I would never have thought to pop out those cherries! You ROCK girl! You wanted to know something about me.....I think you know I teach, have 2 kids, married my HS sweetheart. We have been married for almost 15 years. I had 3 dogs. Down to only one. He is a Pug. I have lived in the same house since getting married. I have a small photography business on the side. There ya go, me in a nutshell! (Or nut house.....)

Leslie Miller said...

You've done the most wonderful coloring! I so love a beautifully colored card like this. The colors are very rich and luscious and the dimension is so well placed. What a great card! A joy to see!

Lynn said...

This is so sweet! What an adorable card, your coloring and layout are fabulous, the cherries look good enough to eat!

Patty W said...

I absolutely adore this card! Truly, I do. You are very talented.. I so want to make such nice cards!

Thanks for sharing your talents!

Ila said...

Oh My!!...this is Beautiful!!....love the coloring, the colors, and that great house mouse stamp!!!

Anonymous said...

Many jewelers have personnel links jewellery on staff that is able to create a unique piece of jewelry to your specifications, links of london bracelet sale and if there are no personnel that can accomplish this task, links of london charms sale they can order it specially made for you. Not only do you have links of london womens watches the option of making this piece exactly the way you want it links of london rings sale to look, but no one will have one exactly like it. links of london necklaces sale Unique diamond jewelry does not have to be gaudy, but many people think gaudy is gorgeous.