Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Filuren


Today's card is using a very fun stamp from a group of stamps which are Called Filuren by Kortmakaren. As you may guess from the sound of the name, it is a Swedish Company. I asked a fellow blogger what Filuren means, and according to the artist it means 'sly guy'. She didn't know what they were exactly, but I figure that they are lovable, adorable little sly amoebas. This particular fellow is a sly angel. I have his counterpart still waiting to be inked.
recipe:
Stamps: Kortmakaren Filuren
Ink: Stewart Superior Hybrid in burnt Umber, Ranger distress in Tea dye and Marigold
Paper: Unknown brown, Prism mustard color, SU Soft Sky, Piggie DP, Stamper Select White
Other: Prismacolor and Faber and Castel color pencils, OMS, Twinkling H2O's, Prima flowers, Dew Drops, Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet, May Art ribbon, Stickles, white gel pen.
I've been experimenting using color pencils on various papers and find I like the results on the Stampers Select. I find that Whisper White is beautiful, but the lack of tooth means I can't layer as much color. All supplies excluding the stamp can be found an All That Scraps for a great price. Not to mention that shipping is free in the States for orders over $10.00 and free in Canada for orders over $100.00. What a great way to stock up on all your needs and not worry about shipping ( especially when you live in Canada and shipping is so expensive). Hope you enjoyed today's card, and have a great day!

13 comments:

Karen said...

Love this little guy! What an adorable card.

Laura said...

woohoo!!!!! Your card is just gorgeous!! I love the angel filur. i made a couple of Christmas cards using that :).

Anonymous said...

He's a cutie ! Pretty card!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love your angel, do you know if they sell to US, he is adorable, would love to see their line.

Silke Ledlow said...

I have never seen these "Swedish"
Stamps and I think their are so cute!!!

Your card is beautiful too!!!

Also I wanted to let you know that
you have been tagged!!!
Please visit my blog for more info....

Marja Sch said...

What a very cute card. Beautiful colours.

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely adorable! You put this card together so well!

Anonymous said...

Oh...you have got a Filur. They are lovely. I´ve got one myself. The card is beautiful.

My Paper World said...

What a great card! He is adorable!

Rose Ann said...

That little guy is so cute, Sophia!

Anonymous said...

Hihi this funny guy brings a smile on my face;-)Gorgeous colored and lovely card!

XO, Inge

Libby Hickson said...

What a cute image! Love the sly amoeba! :-) Man you are introducing me to companies I didn't know about... my wallet cannot take much more of this...! :-) And I was about to comment and ask where I can find Stampers Select, but kept reading. Now I have to pay another visit to All That Scraps too! You evil little enabler, you!! :-)

Nina said...

I really love this card, Sophia!
Me being the designer of the Filur, I can tell you that it's just an imaginary little sly guy - I guess he's out of this world! Or call it an amoeba if you want to. I don't recall amoebas having eyes, though..? ;)

Congratulations on being elected to the Magnolia DT! Too bad you can only use the Magnolia stamps from now on....I'd loved to see some more cards with the filur from you! You are really talented.

Greetings from a Swedish girl in Denmark,
Nina