Sunday, January 20, 2008

Magnolia singing in the rain!


I don't know that she is actually singing, but she is certainly having fun! I know I had fun working with her today. I wasn't sure about the mushrooms, and himmed and hawed over it for the longest time. I finally decided in favour of them for the burst of color that they give. After I had permanently adhered them I wasn't sure I had made the right choice. It's times like this that a neighbor stamper would be really handy.
recipe: Magnolia girl, fence, clouds, mushroom
Paper: Soft Sky, Cranberry, unknown orangy yellow kinda peachy, K and Company paper from large box purchased at Cosco, Stampers Select White
Ink: Stewart Superior Hybrid black, Ranger Distress in Broken China, Tea dye and Marigold
Other: Copic Markers, May Art ribbon, White Gel Pen, Pop up dots, Crystal effects, Copic multi liner pen, Sewing machine, Stickles in waterfall, Nestability in plain square.
This was a fun little project. I started by stamping her on stamper select and coloring her with Copic Markers. I cut her out and set her aside. Next I stamped her again on Stamper Select and then stamped the fence over her. I sketched out the grass and puddle. I colored it in, sponging the sky with Distress ink in China. Image was cut with Nestability and embossed. Next the girl was adhered over the girl stamped out over the fence ( if that makes sense). Crystal effects was added to the puddle, splash on hand and the rain drops. DP was then put together and stitched on machine. The rest of the card was put together as seen.
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit, and have a great tomorrow.
hugs
Sophie

14 comments:

Marja Sch said...

I think this one is very special,so nicely done. Just fantastic. Thanks for telling us how you did it. Hugs Marja

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh Sophia, what a stunning card! Love how you put the fence behind Tilda and the clouds above her head, absolutely gorgeous:-D

XOX, Inge

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Oh goodness Sophia, how you inspire me!! Your colouring is fabulous with the Copics and your scene is just adorable! Can you believe I still have this little beauty in the package? She needs to come out and play! Thanks for the inspiration!!

My Paper World said...

Oh my goodness! So much detail! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Heather Huggins said...

Wow! This is a wonderful card!! I need to order some of these stamps!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, what lovely colors, it all flows so nicely...I think the mushrooms look great on it!

Marlou McAlees said...

this is so so gorgeous!!! your colouring is fantastic :) x

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous coloring, and amazing card!!! This is just as cute as can be!!

Annie said...

Fabulous - I'm just browsing your blog and each one is wonderful! annie x

Libby Hickson said...

This is just adorable - I love the scene you've created. I wouldn't have realized you doodled in the puddle & grass if I hadn't read your post - gorgeous work! And I think the mushroom was a good choice, and love how you cut out the clouds. So many details I love in this card!!!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness, this is cute! Love the clouds and mushrooms! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I love the fence and the colors!

Marilyn said...

All the little extra stamps are what pulls this card together. That fence looks so much cuter when used in a scene - as do the clouds!

Katharina Frei said...

This is an absolutely stunning card, Sophia!! I have to look at it over and over again! The szene is gourgeous!!!
Tell me, how did you do the grass underneath the fence? Is it a magnolia stamp? I have to get it!!! Have a great weekend!!