Thursday, January 24, 2008

Magnolia Sketch Challenge 160


I was too tired to post last night. Yesterday during the day I had dropped my ring into the snow. I knew the general area, but not exactly where. Wasn't my brightest move as I spent the almost 5 hours scraping through the snow bit by bit till it was finally found. Never fool around with your ring! It's a bad habit of mine. So needless to say by the end of the day I was pooped from being out in the cold hunched over scraping at mounds of snow!
Ok , today's cards is for sketch challenge 160 which was from yesterday. In my defence it was done yesterday. I just didn't feel like posting it.
recipe:
stamps: Magnolia
ink: SU black, Soft Sky, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue
Paper: Stamper Select White, Old Olive, Soft Sky DP, Not Quite Navy, Hunter Green
Other: Exacto Knife, Copic Markers, Color Pencils, Twinkling H2O's, White gel Pen, Stickles
I used Zindorf's card as a spring board! I used the same colors as her and then went from there. I colored my picture pieces and then cut them out. They were colored with a mix of Copic ( all) Then the fence was enhanced with color pencil, and the ground with Twinkling H2O's. They were then cut out and put aside. Next I took Whisper White, brayered it with Soft Sky and sponged with Not Quite Navy and Bashful Blue. Swirl clouds were then stamped on. The rest is just put together with swirl clouds added and white gel pen stitching.
hugs
Sophie

25 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Fantastic card, your colors are so bright love the scene you created.

Donna Baker said...

sorry about the hunt for your ring but glad you found it! I have a bad habit of taking it off for putting lotion on my hands...one time I had thrown it in the trash good thing I realized before it was too late! LOVE the scene on your card, too sweet!! would make a great Easter card.

Libby Hickson said...

Oh Sophie, so sorry about your ring but so glad you found it!! That must have been horribly frustrating! Your card is adorable - you are such an amazing artist, the detail you put into your coloring always blows me away!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Okay that's IT!!! When is the next train to Petawawa!!!?? My Copic skills are limited!! I haven't figured out how you blend them so beautifully! When I use my colourless blender, it just takes colour away and makes it look watery, it doesn't mix the two together so flawlessly like yours. KWIM?? I'm always in awe of your work! Just beautiful!!

Ila said...

This is Absolutley Gorgeous!!..Your coloring is Awesome!!..the scene you created is Wonderful!!!

Wow...looking for that ring really had to be like looking for a needle in a haystack...lol..Glad you found it though!!

Your Tagged....cause You Make My Day!!

www.artfullyila.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

wow...this is a fantastic card!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh no on having to look for your ring for so long, so glad your were able to find it though!

This card is really beautiful, love all the swirls, the sheep peeking over the fence and the grass/sky.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this...Super Adorable!!! Always look forward to your creation's. (((Hugs)))

Katharina Frei said...

Amazing! you are excellent with szene stamping! and the colouring is great! you are full of inspiration for me!

Anonymous said...

I dropped one of my wedding rings in the toilet once...not a used toilet! It´s my biggest fear to drop the ring, it´s made from my grandads wedding ring.
Love your Magnolia cards..inspiration comes at once...
Have to go and make some cards...hAnglar cards though. The hAnglar clubkit will arrive next week in my mailbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

this card is absolutely beautiful, gorgeous colours and love how you have the sheep peeking over the top of the fence :) x

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card! Your coloring is always so beautiful and vivid!

Michele Kovack said...

So glad you found your ring! What an awful feeling! Your card is fantastic! You are the goddess of coloring!!! I bow down to you!!!!

Rose Ann said...

I'm so glad you found your ring!!! I don't think I would have felt like doing anything after a search like yours!

I love your card!! It's sooo cute!!!

Marja Sch said...

Oooo such a lovely card. I also would like some have some copic lessons from you. Pitty it is so far away. I'm glad you found your ring.

Christina Fischer said...

Fantastic card!! I love what you do with those Magnolia images!!

Glad you found your ring! :)

Susie said...

This is the BEST card I've seen made with this Sketch Challenge. You did an awesome job of everything. I really like how you cut it all out.

Annie said...

I love your card, and the design has helped me out with my sketch challenges - I'm working from the begining and have got stuck on #24!

Rika said...

What a fabulous card, soo cute!

Anonymous said...

One of the greatest card I have ever seen!

Deb said...

I love your card Sophia, I love the scene you have created, so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you found it...what an ordeal! I don't know if I would have kept at it that long. I'm getting the biggest kick out of that cow! What a character! Superb coloring!

Nixe-Moni said...

What a fantastic card you created!!!
I love the scene :)

Anonymous said...

This is SO sweet!!! GREAT job with the sketch!!!

Anonymous said...

A funny card. I really like it!!