Friday, January 18, 2008

Magnolia feel better 2

I am quite tickled pink over this little project. I've been wanting to come up with a cute little gift idea for someone who was not feeling well. I finally came up with this idea based on all the lip balm holders that were being shown of Splitcoast. The stamp is the same as yesterday's..a sweet sick Magnolia angel. I measured out my Kleenex and vick's vapour inhaler and determined how big a "box" I would need. Then I decorated it.
The card is designed to be the decorative panel on the front. The little pine cone tab holds it closed when you are giving it. When you open it up there are two nice panels to write your get well message.
The red organdy/satin ribbon helps to hold it closed, and swirls and distressing were added to the back and sides.
I still have to run out to get some Vick's Vapour inhaler, but for the meantime I used a chap stick which is approximately the same diameter. The Kleenex is held in with Red Tape. If you look to the sides you will see two black strips. These are magnets which are applied with the red tape. It holds the box closed and lets it keep its shape and not get warped.
Lastly, both ends are open. It's the perfect little something to give to a sick friend. You can substitute a bottle of Tylenol or anything else in a cylinder.
recipe:
stamps: Magnolia, SU Baroque Motifs
Ink: Stewart Superior Black, Basic Brown, Ranger Distress Tea dye, broken china, Mahogany, Vintage, Versamagic Sea Breeze
Paper: Stamper Select White, Real Red, Soft Sky, River Rock, Cosmo Cricket DP
Other: Prismacolor and Faber Castel color pencils, OMS, Twinkling H2O's, rhinestone brad, chipboard pine cone tab, Nestability rectangle and scallop rectangle, Quickutz button tab, unknown ribbon, Kleenex, Vick's Vapour inhaler, White Gel Pen, Magnetic strip or sheet, Red two way tape.
Hope you like my little project today, I have to say I was thrilled and in love when I finished. Now who to give it too?..........*sniff, sniff* is that a cold I feel coming on?
Hugs
Sophie

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, now this is one of the cutest ideas I've seen in a long time! You do seem to continually come up with wonderfully inventive projects. I absolutely LOVE this!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my goodness, Sophia! Not only is this a fabulous idea, but you've decorated it so cute!! *cough, cough....achoo*

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow this is fantastic lovely idea ,brilliant ,Dawnx

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...sitting here with a cold and a tooth that hurts. Love your idea!!
The stamp is beautiful...I don´t have it.....yet.

Anonymous said...

um...wow! This is such a fantastic idea. There are so many people in my office that are sick right now, I might have to make a few of these this weekend!

Laura said...

Hello girlie! have you noticed that they are looking for more DT members for Magnolia? from Canada and the US? go have a look: http://magnoliainspiration.wordpress.com/

Laura said...

I am sure that you will hear from Magnolia. I think they are just a bit slow as they are so busy all the time :).

oh yes.. i didn't stamp the pigs directly onto the paint.. I got the pig image in a stamped images swaps at SCS and just cut out the images. the sentiment was stamped on the paint though.

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! And, of course, your super cute card is just perfect to make someone feel better after receiving this. I think I'll have to try this, too :)

Donna Baker said...

this is too sweet, Sophia! great idea !!

Annie said...

Fabulous! I'm working my way back through your blog and they are all so special. annie x

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is SUPER cute!!! Love that it holds a pack of tissues!!

Lynn Put said...

Sophia,
What a cool idea, I'm going to have to try one of these! This is so cute!
TFS

Mrs. Nancy G said...

That's so neat! What an awesome idea!
:-)

Anonymous said...

What a cute project...I love this idea! Josee