Friday, January 18, 2008

Magnolia Feel better soon


I was working with this sweet image from Magnolia today. I have another matching project that goes with it, but didn't have time to finish it so I will have to show you tomorrow. I Finally realized why the pictures seemed overexposed recently and have since rectified the problem. So today it looks truer to life.
recipe:
stamps: Magnolia, SU Baroque Motifs, Hand sketched Kleenex and bottle on its side.
ink: Stewart Superior Black, SU Night of Navy
Paper: Cosmo Cricket DP, Real Red, Brown CS, Stamper Select White
Other: Prismacolor and Faber Castel color pencils, Twinkling H2O's, Quickutz thought bubble, Nestabilities, ribbon, Prima flowers and leaves, Dollar store brad, Spica glitter pen, AIG blue glitter,
This was a fun image to color. I did him first with the color pencils and then went over with Twinkling H2O's to deepen the shadows. I sketched out, colored and cut the two extra pieces then adhered them. The rest is pretty easy. Have a great Friday! I know I will.
Hugs
Sophie

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the shine of the Twinkling H2O's, this get well card will certainly make someone's day better:-D

XO, Inge.

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a sweet card!!! If I had a cold, it sure would brighten my day! Your coloring is always so amazing!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

awww this is just adorable!!! what a cute stamp and your colouring is excellent :)

Marlou McAlees said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alhambra Club said...

Your card is awesome, your coloring is so right on. have a great weekend.

Marja Sch said...

So special. Very beautiful and so different.

Anonymous said...

These cards are just too adorable!

Ila said...

What a Fabulous Get Well card!! ..love your layout, accents, coloring and colors,,,everything!!!

My Paper World said...

Oh so very cute, and perfect colouring! I cant wait to see your matching project!
Sorry that I didnt explain in my post what a dingbat is. It's a font that you could find on your computer, but instead of letters when you type, they come out as pictures. (great fun!)
have a great weekend!
Nicola xx

Crafty in Calgary said...

What a beautiful job- this card is sonice. Love your use of the twinkling H20s and your sketching! :)

Rose Ann said...

This is adorable! Everything you've done is so lovely, and your coloring is fabulous! This would make anyone who isn't feeling well, much better. ;)