Friday, January 11, 2008

Love Birds here at last!

Ok, I know I have to stop griping about the post in Canada. But to quote someone: "Don't they realize how desperately we need our stuff?!!!". You know its slow when you want to start stalking the Postman. Ok, on to other stuff. If you haven't all ready, sign up for my Blog Candy down below. Drawing will take place Monday Morning. I'm letting my daughter pick, because It is so hard to decide, I want all your wonderful ideas to win. So at least this way I can't be blamed! For this Card, I used my long awaited, very versatile, and oh so Stinkin Cute, CCdesign stamps from the set "love Ya Much". These stamps along with its sister set are my favorite, oh ya and the penguin's, and the ......ok, never mind. I love them all. Christine the designer of these stamps just rocks!!
recipe:
stamps: CCdesign Love ya Much
Paper : SU Bali Breeze DP, Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, Pomegranate, and Stamper Select White CS
Ink: Stewart Superior Hybrid black, Ranger Distress: Broken China, Shabby Shutter, Tea Dye, Vintage, Mahogany, Olive Ink, Pomegranate
Other: Faber Castel and Prismacolor pencils, Twinkling H2O's, Copic C-1, Copic sketch pen, Quickutz tag, Nestabilities rectangle scallop and regular, SU ribbon and cording, white gel pen, fruit punch stickles.
I've been trying to copy a bit of Ila's coloring style! Haven't quite got it yet, but hopefully practice makes perfect. Leaves are hand sketched, and everything else is self explanatory. Oh ya and look below and see how awesomely these stamps arrive. Already mounted and ready to use. I love not having to mount!
Have a great day, and see y'all later!

13 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

GOSH, that's GOR-jus!!! LOVE your colouring!! And you are just teasing me, arent' you? I'm waiting for my first SU order including that paper AND my first order of CC Designs!! I wondered how they came! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful stamps. Maybe I should try something else than Magnolia and hAnglar for a change.... I really like your colouring, you are very good at it.

Katharina Frei said...

Oh Sophia, what a gorgeous card! Wonderful colours and great details!
I had to wait for my last Magnolia order 2 months!!

Alhambra Club said...

this card is great, love those birds and your coloring. Ila is fantastic at coloring and so are you.

Sunnymommie said...

cute little birds! you doing wonderful job with coloring...

Laura said...

It is gorgeous!! And I love those birds. I am amazed with how you combine the colours. They look so beautiful together!

Laura said...

I am looking forward to seeing your card with the Filur stamps! they are sooooo cute. i still have so many that I haven't even used yet! oh well, bit by bit. But no doubt your cards will be a zillion times nicer than mine. You have such magic! :)

Marlene said...

Wowza, love the card and the colours are simply stunning!!
How cute are those Birds????

x Marlene

Marja Sch said...

What a lovely birds and a super card.

Rose Ann said...

Those little birds are the cutest, and I LOVE your card!! Beautiful coloring and papers!!

Anonymous said...

Cute card! I just love your cards!

Ila said...

What a Gorgeous card and Gorgeous Coloring!!! Your coloring is Fabulous ...always is and always was!!!

Anonymous said...

This card is absolutely stunning - I just love the color combination you used.